PS4 Store games
If you received the following error message while entering your credit card / billing information into your Sony Entertainment Network account:.
"Your credit card information could not be updated. It's been updated too often within a short amount of time. Please try again in a few minutes."
Your account may be blocked. You must wait 24 hours before attempting to try again.
Once you have waited 24 hours, please follow these guidelines when entering billing information into your Sony Entertainment Network account. We recommend printing this article so you may reference the guidelines when you are ready to proceed.
Guidelines for inputting billing information
- Military (APO and FPO) addresses are currently unable to be accepted as a valid address on the PlayStation®Store at this time. If you do not see your country listed, see PlayStation®Store access from another region for details.
- We recommend you remove any special characters when entering your billing address into the Sony Entertainment Network account registration form such as, asterisks (*), hyphens (-), and slashes ( / ). (For example, if your address is 1547 1/2 Lincoln Way, we recommend removing the fraction and try entering "1547 Lincoln Way" instead.
- For North American (United States or Canada) PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, you may only use credit or debit cards with North American (United States or Canada) billing addresses. No international bank cards may be used through the North American PlayStation®Store registration system.
- Make sure to enter all of the billing information correctly and accurately (credit card numbers, billing address, etc.). If the information you enter is different from what is on file with the bank, it may cause the billing registration to fail. We recommend contacting your bank or credit card company to confirm they have your current information on file prior to registering.
- Make sure that apartment numbers appear on the same line as the street address.
- Try removing apartment numbers.
- Enter a physical mailing address. We do not recommend PO Box addresses.
- Check with your card issuer whether your credit card / debit card supports AVS (Address Verification System). If it does not, the credit card / debit card may not be accepted by the PlayStation®Store.
- Make sure you have "activated" the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system with your Sony Entertainment Network account (see the Knowledge Center to learn more about hardware activation.)
- We do not recommend using gift cards or prepaid cards. We cannot guarantee they will work, especially if they do not have a billing address tied to the account.
- If none of the above work for your credit or debit card, we would recommend using a different card. You may use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You can also use any debit card with an official Visa or MasterCard logo printed on the front.