Sign up for PSN online
Update: Sony has made recent updates to the network that should allow PS4 users to sign in without changing MTU settings, according to the official PlayStation Support Twitter account.
If you made adjustments, you can the two options below to return to the original settings:
- Choose “Set Up Internet Connection” under the Network menu in Settings.
- Select either Wi-Fi or LAN Cable.
- Choose Easy on the next screen.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter password
- Select Next to continue.
- Test Internet Connection in the Network menu to test if PSN Sign-In is successful.
- Select either Wi-Fi (select your Wi-Fi network and enter password) or LAN Cable.
- Choose Custom on the next screen.
- Select your normal settings for IP Address Settings or Automatic if unknown.
- Select your normal settings for DHCP Host Name or Do Not Specify if unknown.
- Select your normal settings for DNS Settings or Automatic if unknown
- Select Automatic for MTU Settings.
- Select your normal settings for Proxy Server or Do Not Use if unknown.
PlayStation Network services were restored last night after suffering ongoing outages since Christmas Eve, but for those PlayStation 4 users still unable to connect, we may have a temporary workaround for you.
Some users, including myself, were still unable to sign in even after power cycling our systems, as suggested by the official PlayStation support Twitter account. However, using a fix brought to light by Twitter users Digital Dejavu and Chuck Davis, I and others were able to successfully sign into PSN.
The procedure, which may not work for everyone, involves users to make a few internet connection tweaks under the their console’s Settings menu. First, select “Set up Internet Connection” in the Network menu. Choose your connection type, select custom and connect to your internet. Choose custom at each screen prompt, except for MTU and set it as 1473 when prompted. Save settings and exit. You'll hopefully be able to successfully sign into PSN after making these tweaks.
It's important to note that changing the MTU parameters from the PS4s default 1500 is just a temporary fix to connect to PSN and you should change back to the original settings once the network is fully restored. The PlayStation support page currently states that "some latency may be experienced due to high volume" and recommends that users who continue to experience problems after PSN services are fully recovered to Contact Support.
You might also like
LP-2097 A's California usiwO Novelty State Background Vanity Metal Novelty License Plate Tag 3hN2wsE Sign sign metal plate licence ytr456 783ghty 6" x 12" standard automotive aluminum metal novelty license plate with 4 holes for easy mounting. Use this novelty license MMw3pSn7 plate to personalize the front of your vehicle NWJXVK1b or embellish with ribbon or string and instantly turn it into a sign.