PS4 PSN account
There are several ways to change your PlayStation Network/Sony Entertainment Network password via the PlayStation®4. Read the three scenarios below, and click on the one that matches your situation.
To change your SEN password if you know the email address and password associated with your SEN account:
- From the PS4's Home Screen, press up on the d-pad to get to the Function area.
- Go to [Settings] > [PSN] > [Account Information] > [Password] and press X.
- If prompted to enter your Sign-In ID and password, do so and choose OK. If you've recently signed in, you won't see this screen. In that case, go to the next step.
- Enter your new password twice and choose Confirm. Your password is now reset.
To change your SEN password if you do not know your password, but have access to the email account and date-of-birth associated with the account:
- Go to [Settings] > [PSN] > [Sign In] and press X. If you see [Sign Out] instead of [Sign In], go ahead and sign out and then choose [Sign In].
- Enter the Sign-In ID for which you wish to recover your password, and then press the triangle button to choose "Forgot your password?"
- Your Sign-In ID should already be filled out. Now enter the Date of Birth you entered when you created your account.
- Highlight [Confirm] and press the X button icon button to have a password reset email sent. Once you receive the email, follow the instructions in the email to complete your password reset.
A few things to note when resetting your password:
- If you have done the “Forgot your password” process multiple times, use the temporary reset link from the last email you received from the PlayStation Network as it will contain the only valid link.
- Please check your SPAM folder just in case your "Forgot your password" reset email was flagged as SPAM.
- Make sure you are checking the email account that is linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
To change your PSN/SEN password if you don't know your password and don't have access to both the email account and the date-of-birth associated with your PSN/SEN account:If you do not know your Sign-In ID, date of birth of the account, or don't have access to the email account linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account, please contact our Consumer Services department for assistance.
Consumer Services Department
Live Chat: Click here and then click the chat icon on the Contact Options page to chat with a PlayStation Specialist during business hours.