PS Vita Customer support
What do you do when your beloved PlayStation Vita - WiFi won't turn on? If you're like me, you probably panic, thinking that you've broken it. Never fear, there is a simple solution that doesn't involve swearing, throwing it against the wall, or sending it back to the manufacturer: Just turn over the connector cable so the PlayStation logo is facing up, as shown in the picture above.
Last weekend, I was going to use my PS Vita to see if I could advance my creepy new friends Lil and Laarg out of the helium-sucking chamber in Escape Plan. Lo and behold, when I pressed the power button, nothing happened, even though it was connected to the charger over night. I asked my son, who only recently gained Vita privileges, what on earth he had done to it, and he swore he was not to blame.
I did some searching on-line and found a few user forums where the question had been raised, and the best advice seemed to be to hold down the power button for 30 seconds, so I tried it. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. After some additional searching, I finally found an answer: turn over the charger cable so the logo is up, and voila! power is restored.
I seem to have a black-thumb when it comes to electronics, so I have had this happen on other devices. I've learned to check everything before sending it back to the manufacturer.
Some other helpful tips if your device seems dead:
- Check your outlet to make sure it's a live one. We have plugged things into outlets only to find that the wall switch was off or the outlet just didn't work.
- Check the connections on all the cables to make sure they are secure.
- Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to see if this will reboot the device.
- If the battery is completely drained, it may take about 20-30 minutes of charging before the device will come back to life. Just leave it alone during that time and don't try to play with it.
- If you are charging it through your PC and the USB port, it may not have enough power. Try plugging it directly into a wall socket instead.
Disclosure: I received a loan of a PS Vita and copies of the games at no charge, courtesy of PlayStation. I did not receive any other compensation or incentive to write this post. All opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of PlayStation or Sony Corporation.
You might also like
PoweraddTM Pilot X6 High Capacity 20800mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack Power Bank for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3(Apple Adapters Not Included), Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2, Nexus, Motorola, Blackberry, HTC One M9, LG G3, PS Vita, Gopro Cameras and More Other
Gembonics® 10000mAh Dual-Port Ultra Compact External Battery Portable USB Charger Power Bank - Broad Compatibility, Fast Charging, High Capacity - For iPhone 6 5s 5c 5, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5 S4, Tab 2, Note 3 4, LG G3, Nexus, HTC One M8, MOTO X, PS Vita and More (Blue)