PlayStation Network account sign up
Find out about the different types of Sony Entertainment Network accounts you can create.
There are two types of Sony Entertainment Network accounts: master accounts and sub accounts.
Master account: A master account is the standard account for using PlayStation Network. A master account can be created by a registered user of a specified age or older. Master account holders can adjust settings to limit use by associated sub account holders.
Sub account: Users who do not meet the eligibility requirements for a master account in their region can only use a sub account. Sub account holders cannot create wallets but can make use of the wallet for the associated master account to pay for products and services. A sub account cannot be created if an associated master account does not exist.
Eligibility requirements for master accounts and sub accounts vary depending on the country or region of residence. For details, visit eu.playstation.com.
- A sub account for a minor is created by the master account holder. During the account creation process, an email is sent to the email address associated with the master account holder's sign-in ID. Follow the instructions in the email to complete the registration.
- Your sign-in ID (email address) and password will not be publicly displayed. Be careful not to share this information with others.
- For details on the handling of personal information related to users, visit eu.playstation.com.
- You must have access to a wireless LAN to use PlayStation Network.
- [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] is displayed only if a Sony Entertainment Network account has not yet been created on the system in use.
- If you select [Save Password] when you sign in, your details will be stored for the next time you access PlayStation Network. Note that saving your password may allow others to use PlayStation Network services or view other information for your account.
- Before giving your PSP system to a third party for any reason including return (where permitted) or authorised service, be sure to clear the PlayStation Network [Save Password] option for all Users. This will help prevent unauthorised access to or use of your credit card or other personal details.