Who Makes PlayStation?
Hello everyone. Thank you so much for your interest in Bloodborne during launch. We wanted to share some tips and guidance for the multiplayer experience for those that are encountering issues or have lingering questions. If you’re sensitive to spoiler content, please be advised that the below does contain material related to the story.
Bloodborne features both cooperative and versus online multiplayer functionality.
Utilizing the new Suspend/Resume feature to put the PS4 into Rest mode without shutting down the game first causes players to be unable to complete matchmaking. Please be sure to restart the game in order to make sure you are able to connect online and matchmake for multiplayer.
This issue will be addressed in an upcoming patch.
Bloodborne features cooperative play for up to 3 players max. Below, the player initiating the cooperative session is the “host” and players who respond to that are the “guests.”
Cooperative Play rules: The goal of cooperative play is to join forces and work together to defeat enemies.
Initiating cooperative play:
- Host uses/rings the Beckoning Bell
- Guests use/ring the Small Resonant Bell
- Host and guest (up to 2 guests) are connected, and play within the Host’s game
- The “Beckoning Bell” can be found within the Hunter’s Dream when you have one or more Insight points.
- You can acquire the Small Resonant Bell from the Insight shop that appears in the Hunter’s Dream once you have at least 10 Insight points.
- If you have already defeated the boss in the area you are currently in, you won’t be able to use the Beckoning Bell. However you will still be able to use the Small Resonant Bell to join other player’s games as a Guest and assist them.
- The game does not match players who are too far apart in their current player Level.
Cooperative Play Completion
Once players successfully defeat the boss enemy in the area they are joined to, the guests receive a bonus reward and are returned to their own world/game.
Cooperative Play Incompletion
If the host or guest(s) die, or if a guest uses the Silencing Blank item, the guest(s) are returned to their own world/game, and do not receive the bonus reward.
The multiplayer matchmaking for cooperative play is automatic and random. However by setting a password for your session, other players can enter the same password and be joined to your game. Passwords can be up to 8 letters long. *Passwords are only used for cooperative play, not Versus PvP sessions.
The game does not match players who are too far apart in their current player Level.
PvP Versus Play
Versus PvP allows players to face off against one another in combat. In the below outline, the player that gets invaded is the “Host” and the invader is the “guest.” Also note that in certain areas within the game, there can be up to two guests or invaders within a host’s game/world.
Versus Play Rules
When a host is in an area where a “bell-ringing woman” is present, Versus PvP invasions are possible.
You might also like
Mobile Application (Renown Entertainment)