PS3 list of games
List of PS3 Games Compatible with the Dualshock 4Image by GlennThomas!
Lists up-to-date as of:
Quite a few PS4 owners still have a backlog of PS3 games, or will at some point feel like reliving some of the good PS3 classics. Or, you might not even own a PS4 yet but have been curious how the new controller feels, and need to get a replacement for your DS3. This list should help you know which games you can use your Dualshock 4 controller on.
Please note that this list is a work in progress and by no means anywhere close to complete. If you know a game that works (or doesn't, for that matter) and isn't in this list, by all means leave a reply and I'll add it to the list!
Before I start, however, I'd like to explain how to use a Dualshock 4 on the PS3. First off, not all features work!
DS4 features that do NOT work on PS3:
- SIXAXIS Motion (You will need to use DS3 for these portions of a game since it doesn't work on the DS4 period, but such games will still be listed as compatible)
- Vibration functions
- Options button (sometimes, this button will function as does on the DS3, but it doesn't 100% of the time)
- (you read that correctly; to enter XMB you will need to use your DS3)
- Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller (Note: one of these on their own does NOT include a charging (Micro USB) cable! You'll have to provide your own!)
- Micro USB Cable (if you own a PS4, an official Sony cable came with your system)
- Any Playstation 3 Controller (some of the games allowing you to use a Dualshock 4 won't register the Options button as Start, and thus you need a PS3 controller to get past the "press start" screen etc.)
How to use it:
- First, plug the micro usb cable into your PS3.
- Next, plug your Dualshock 4 into the micro usb cable.
- Turn on your PS3, and then hit the button on your Dualshock 4. Note: make sure your Dualshock 4 is assigned as Controller 1
- You can now navigate the XMB, load games, and use it as a controller for games listed below!
- (additional step if a PS3 controller is required) Lastly, turn on your PS3 controller, and make sure it's assigned as Controller 2. In certain games' menus, you will need to use on this controller before you can use your Dualshock 4.