Full list of PS3 games
Sony has put together a mammoth list detailing 2015's upcoming games for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. Covering everything from AAA blockbusters to experimental indie titles, the upcoming games list shows the tremendous support developers have planned for Sony's gaming ecosystem.
Originally posted on the official PlayStation Blog, the list breaks down games by platform and details which upcoming games are available now, which have confirmed release dates for 2015 and which don't. Sony notes that dates can and will shift due to changes in development schedules, but the list represents gamers' best official look at the platform holders' upcoming slate.
As Gamespot notes, the PS4 dominates the upcoming games list with 232 titles. The PS3 and PS Vita, both older platforms, put in a decent showing, with 72 and 79 titles, respectively. Standout PS4 titles with a confirmed release date include:
- "The Order: 1886" - A gritty third person shooter set in an alternate history vision of Victorian-era London. The game sees players take on the role of Galahad, one of a member of ancient knights sworn to defend mankind against a monstrous age-old foe. "The Order: 1886" is slated for release on Feb. 20.
- "DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition" - A remaster of 2013's reboot of the "Devil May Cry" franchise. Developed by Ninja Theory, the remaster features a resolution bump to 1080p and a frame rate boost to 60fps. "DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition" will be released on March 10.
- "Final Fantasy Type-0 HD" - A remaster of the 2011 PlayStation Portable title. First-run prints of "Final Fantasy Type-0 HD" will contain a demo for Square Enix upcoming RPG, "Final Fantasy XIV." The game will be released on March 17.
- "Bloodborne" - Developer from Software's first outing on current-generation hardware, "Bloodborne" is also the next game from director Hidetaka Miyazaki. Miyazaki is most famous for his work on "Demon's Souls" and "Dark Souls." "Bloodborne" will be released on March 24.
- "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" - The third entry in the acclaimed RPG series from Polish developer, CD Projekt Red. "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" is a massive undertaking, offering gamers dozens of hours of gameplay. "The Witcher 3" is scheduled for release on May 19.
- "Batman: Arkham Knight" - The final chapter in Rocksteady's trilogy of "Arkham" games, "Batman: Arkham Knight" sees the Caped Crusader come up against his deadliest foe yet. The game introduces a playable Batmobile for the first time and features a massively upgraded rendition of Arkham City. "Arkham Knight" is set for release on June 2.
Other big PS4 games scheduled for release this year but without a confirmed release date are:
- "Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition"
- "Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture"
- "Just Cause 3"
- "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain"
- "No Man’s Sky"
- "Persona 5"
- "Star Wars Battlefront"
- "The Witness"
- "Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End"
- "Until Dawn "